ArtTEK for TEENS Application
ArtTEK for TEENS
Classes will be held at:
462 W Main St Mt Pleasant, Pa 15666 Phone: 724-547-4121 Website: www.RiverArtWorks.org
DATES: Mon, Tues, Thurs, 6/13/22-- 8/12/22 Preregistration required
STUDENT NAME: ___________________________________ SCHOOL: _________________________ DATE: __________
We are excited to see the positive response from students regarding this program. We are also thrilled that a Hollywood animatronics star like Ronzio is able to oversee these classes. This is truly an opportunity for students who love arts so much they consider spending the summer growing their skills. Now for the business side of the program:
GUIDELINES: Application to Participate, 3 pages
1. Eligible student is an enrolled high school student with a keen interest in developing art and/or related creative science skills. Examples of related creative sciences are laser, digital, holography, animatronics, drone art.
2. Eligible student is a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, enrolled in a school located within a River Art Works approved districts.
3. High School student is defined as entering or enrolled student in grades 9 through 12.
4. Student enjoys being creative.
5. Applicant must include 3 photos of art work samples.
6. Applicant must also include a statement of no more than 150 words as to why the student wants to attend the River Art Works workshop on a separate paper:
a. What would it mean to you to attend this school?
b. What is your artistic or scientific experience?
c. The application submission also is to include why we should include you in this limited seating program.
7. Parent or legal guardian MUST sign and agree to the terms of acceptance notice.
8. Student must agree to show respect for class instructor, volunteers, River Art works representatives, and instructions at all times. Should a student show consistent disrespect or disobedience, arrive late, continually miss workshop hours, or come unsuitably dressed, that student will be dismissed, possibly expelled. There are no refunds. We must respect students need for concentration.
9. We will be working with tools that, if not used properly, can be dangerous (tools examples are not limited to: hammers, wrenches, saw, files, drills, sanders). Parent and student must be comfortable with the level of student’s maturity to follow instructions while learning to use these tools.
10. This page needs to be parent and student signed, then presented to art teacher student before the first class.
REQUESTED CLASS DATES: ______________________________________________Time: ___________________________
CLASS NAME __________________________________PLACE: _________________________________________________
City _________________________ State _________ Zip ________
Enrolled in What High School: _______________________________________
School District: _____________________________________
IF REFERRED BY TEACHER:
Art or Tech Teacher ___________________________________Class Taught: _______________Room #_______
Student Signature ____________________________________Date _____________
Parent/Guardian Signature ______________________________Date _____________
Student Name ____________________________ Date:_____________
Referring Teacher’s Comment and Signature:(can be submitted without teacher’s input, but highly recommended)
Teacher's Name_____________________________________________ School ___________________ Class Taught _______
Number of Portfolio Examples: ____
Titles of Example: 1. ______________________________________________________ Size __________
Titles of Example: 2. ______________________________________________________ Size __________
Titles of Example: 3. ______________________________________________________ Size __________
Submissions to be considered must include all above requested information.
jane@RiverArtWorks.org or River Art Works 35 South 7th St Youngwood, PA 15697
page 2 of 3
ArtTEK for TEENS, con't Student Name: _______________________________
“Why I want to attend the ArtTEK for Teens workshop” typed in 12 point Times New Roman:
Examples of thoughts you may want to share:
1. Why do I want to attend the ArtTEK for TEENS workshops?
2. How do I hope to benefit?
Page 3 of 3